Armed And Extremely Dangerous

Armed And Extremely Dangerous
"READY FOR THE BATTLE"

Putting Fuel On The Fire

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

God's love is genuine.

 

God's love is genuine.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV

Love is patient; love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

NIV: New International Version So, what does it mean that God is love? The most important thing we can do as Christians are to love God and love people. But before we can love anyone, we must receive God's love for ourselves. Because you cannot connect to anyone if you cannot connect to God's love. How can you give something you don't know about. Give away something you do not have. 

Love is an attribute of God. Love is a core aspect of God's character, His Person. God's love is in no sense in conflict with His holiness, righteousness, justice, or even His wrath. All of God's attributes are in perfect harmony. Everything God does is loving, just as everything He does is and right. God is the perfect example of true love. 

Most people use the word "love" as one of the Holy Spirit's Fruit. Bible even refers to God as love itself. Love could be explained as wanting the best for someone, and that's precisely what God intends for us. God loves you simply because he loves you. You do not have to work for his affection. You do not have to set yourself straight before God can pour out his love over you. God loves you. It is hard to get our minds around, but it is true. If you need to get a more profound revelation of God's love for you, an excellent place to start is to meditate on this truth based on God's Word: "God loves me unconditionally!" And God shall be a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path.

 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and have not charity. I have become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profited me nothing.Charity suffered long, and is kind; charity envied not; charity vaunted not itself, is not puffed up,Doth not behave itself unseemly, seecatch not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;Rejoiced not in iniquity, but rejoiced in the truth;Bearish all things, believeth all things, hoped all things, endured all things.Charity never failed: Whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.10 But when that which is perfect comes, then that which is in part shall be done away.11 When I was a child, I space like a child; I understood as a child, I thought like a child, but I put away childish things when I became a man.12, For now, we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.13 And now abided faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment